YMCA of Central Kentucky swim teams are competitive programs that focus on the development of all ages and abilities.
Our trained coaches work to improve swimmers' skill level, endurance and to promote a healthy lifestyle. Our program embraces the YMCA core values and promotes progression at an individual level. Individual teams are organized by ability levels and are designed to help team members improve and refine the four competitive strokes, starts and turns, and finishes.
Workouts include endurance, speed and drill techniques, with a healthy dose of teamwork and sportsmanship.
BARRACUDAS IN TRAINING (BIT)
Ages 5-12 BIT is designed to move swimmers from pre-competitive level to competitive level. It is highly recommended that participants pass Level 6 of swim lessons before moving to BIT. Swimmers MUST be able to swim a 50 of both freestyle (with rotary breathing) and backstroke as well as have basic knowledge of both Breaststroke and Butterfly. Emphasis in this group will be to refine stroke techniques for the four competitive strokes: racing starts ,turns, finishes and building endurance. This program is great for summer league swimmers or children coming out of swim lessons. Swimmers will be more successful in this program if they have swim fins (not snorkeling fins), goggles, and swim caps.
Mondays/Wednesdays, 4:30-5:15 p.m. and Tuesdays/Thursdays, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
Member: $55; Non-Member: $110 (Offered at the C.M. Gatton Beaumont YMCA only)
ADULT YMCA SWIM CLUB
Ages 18 and older A group for YMCA members to better themselves and their community through weekly workouts in the pool, seminars/stroke clinics and monthly philanthropic endeavors.
Swimming guided workouts with a YMCA aquatics director
Two times per week
Wednesdays, 6:15-7:15 a.m. and Fridays, 2-3 p.m.
Free for YMCA members (Offered at the C.M. Gatton Beaumont YMCA only)
- Monthly volunteer projects
- Clinics and specialized training
- Stroke clinics
- Triathlon training
- Social events
For more information or questions, contact Doug Miller.
NORTH LEXINGTON FAMILY YMCA JR. TIGERSHARKS
Ages 4-12 The Pre-Swim Team will work on building endurance and enhance your swimmer’s technique in the water with a focus on freestyle and backstroke. Lead by swim team coaches. This program is great for swimmers who do summer leagues, and country club swimming. Offered at the North Lexington Family YMCA only.
*Requirements: Must have completed Stage 3 in swim lessons.
Feb. 2-26; Registration opens Jan. 19
March 2-26; Registration opens Feb. 16
April 5-30; Registration opens March 23
Member: $72 per session, Non-Member: $130 per session
Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 5:15-6 p.m.
YOUTH SWIM TEAMS
The YMCA of Central Kentucky is the home to two swimteams - C.M. Gatton Beaumont YMCA Barracudas and North Lexington Family YMCA Tigersharks. Our trained coaches work to improve swimmers' skill level, endurance and to promote a healthy lifestyle. Our program embraces the YMCA core values and promotes progression at an individual level. Program participants are organized by ability levels that are designed to help team members improve and refine the four competitive strokes, sets, starts and finishes. Our swim teams compete with other Ys and swim clubs at area meets and have the option to participate in USA swimming.
NORTH LEXINGTON FAMILY YMCA TIGERSHARKS SWIM TEAM REGISTRATION
Tigershark Swim team is located at the North Lexington Family YMCA. Our coaching staff does our very best to work with every swimmer to meet their individual needs and help them succeed in this sport. We welcome all types - from those just learning that want something fun to do to those that are looking to be hyper competitive. We can meet your needs!
The North Lexington YMCA Tigersharks works to put Christian principles into practice and builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. Our trained coaches work to improve swimmers skill level, endurance and to promote a healthy lifestyle. Our program embraces the YMCA core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility and promotes progression at an individual level.
We have made great strides in the past seven seasons:
- Grown from 40 to over 120 swimmers consistently year after year
- Finishing 3rd at the KY YMCA 12 and Under Championships in 5 of the last 7 seasons
- Tied for Team Runner Up at the KY YMCA 12 and Under 2020 Championships
- Multiple Individual High Point and High Point Runner Up finishers at the KY YMCA 12 and Under Championships
- Winning multiple Individual High Point and High Point Runner Up Awards at KY YMCA State Meet over the last 7 seasons
- 3x 8 and Under Age Group High Point Winner at KY YMCA State Meet
- In the 2017-2018 season, we had 2 Age Group High Point Runner Ups at KY YMCA State Meet
- In the 2017-2018 and 2018-2019 seasons, we finished 4th overall as a combined team at KY YMCA State Meet
- In the 2018-2019 season, our 9-10 girls won Age Group High Point
- Finished 3rd overall as a combined team at the 2020 KY YMCA State Meet
- 4 age groups finished Age Group High Point Runner up at the 2020 KY YMCA State Meet
All new swimmers are required to come to an evaluation to be assessed by a swim coach. The coach will assess the swimmer's current skills and place them in the most appropriate group for them to grow and learn as a swimmer. 2020-2021 evaluations will be on held September 28 through October 3. To schedule an evaluation, please call 859-367-7373 or email email@example.com.
- You must be a member of the YMCA of Central Kentucky. It is a separate cost from the swim team fee. Any child under the age of 12 must be on a household membership.
- Swimmer must be able to swim a 25 Backstroke and 25 Freestyle. Swimmers also must be able to swim continuous for one hour.
For more information about the North Lexington Family YMCA swim teams, contact Brittany Brewer at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 859-367-7373.