C.M. Gatton Beaumont YMCA Special Needs Locker Room Improvements
Published 03.26.18 5:00 pm
We are excited to share the great news that the Y will be renovating the C.M. Gatton Beaumont YMCA's Special Needs Locker Room. We recognize these improvements are long overdue and are certain you will love the outcome. These enhancements will help modernize the locker room, add a more contemporary look and feel, increase privacy for families, and improve accessibility.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Installing new flooring and fresh paint
- A more modern and comfortable locker room for all to enjoy
- Updating fixtures and lighting
- Updating the lockers
- Plumbing improvements
- Improving accessibility
The Locker Room is scheduled to be closed from April 2, 2018 - May 10, 2018.
To minimize disruption to program areas and services, we are establishing a temporary space designated for special needs accommodations.
- The Male Family Locker Room will be designated as a unisex locker room to accommodate families and individuals with special needs during scheduled times each day.
Monday - Friday, 5:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Saturday, 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Sunday, 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Adults relying on caregivers are encouraged to use the locker room only during scheduled times listed above.
- Reasonable accommodations for special needs include a curtained off changing area, handicap accessible restroom, shower and sinks.
- The Female Locker Room will remain designated as such during the construction period. Families who may require locker room accommodations, during scheduled special needs time, are encouraged to use the Female Locker Room with a female parent/guardian.
- A male parent/guardian supervising female children may use the male family locker room, only while scheduled as unisex special needs locker room, at their discretion. However, we encourage the use of existing stalls or restrooms if changing clothes for privacy and modesty.
- The restrooms located next to Child Watch may also be utilized for restroom and changing amenities during the construction period.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation during the construction phase and realize this might be very busy during high use times. We encourage you to plan ahead, to be courteous to families who might be waiting, and to please have patience as we work together to modernize our locker room and provide you with improved amenities.
Proposed Time Line: Renovations will begin on April 2 and are expected to be finished by May 10.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us either by phone 859-219-9622 or stop by the Member Service desk.