Promotion Rules and Eligibility:
The Refer a Friend program is available for the following membership types:
- Senior Household
- Senior Adult (65+)
- Young Adult (19-25)
- Youth and Silver Sneakers Memberships are not eligible for the Refer a Friend initiative
- Adding members to a current membership does not qualify for the Refer a Friend program.
- The new member must present the referral form at the time of joining. This offer is not retroactive if a referred member joined and did not present the referral form at the time of joining.
- Current members must belong to the YMCA of Central Kentucky.
- Current members must be in good standing with the Y to take part in the Refer a Friend initiative.
- The new member will be responsible for paying the joining fee and prorated membership dues (amount remaining until first draft) at the time of registration.
- The new member must remain a member at least three months.
- If the new member is a former member of the Y, he or she must have cancelled the membership a minimum of 180 days ago.
- Members who utilize payroll deduction or 3rd party payment; some restrictions will apply.
- Only valid at the YMCA of Central Kentucky locations.
- If a new member joins during a Y membership promotion, the current member will receive a free month for the referral and the new member will receive the most beneficial incentive available.
- The Refer a Friend initiative can’t be combined with any other offer or incentive.
- If the new member is waiting to be approved for financial assistance, the current member does not receive a free month until the individual activates their membership.
- Current members who paid a year up-front and refer someone will receive the credit amount towards his or her next membership renewal.
- The free month of membership applies to the amount the current or new member pays out-of-pocket. For example, if a current member receives financial assistance from the Y, he or she receives a free month for the amount he pays out-of-pocket.
- The Y will issue not cash back for this promotion. If the member terminates their membership or loses membership privileges before receiving their free month(s), they will lose those free months.
- The Y reserves the right to deny a free month(s) if the referral program appears to be abused by either the new or current member. The spirit of the program is to reward true referrals.
- YMCA of Central Kentucky staff are not eligible to participate in the Refer a Friend initiative.
- Rules are subject to change.